Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 17: 8

Friday, March 21, 2014

Our giants

We all have giants in our lives. What might seem mighty and overwhelming to me might not be a big deal to you. Or what is oppressing to you I couldn't even imaging how to handle it. 

As individual as we are, so aren't our giants. That said, it doesn't mean you or I are the only ones on the face of God's green earth that have gone through the struggles we have -unique yes, but same in nature yes also. 

I think of what Paul wrote; For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had, and now hear that I still have. (Philippians 1:29, 30 NIV)

None of us are immune to struggles and our fair fight with our giants. How we handle them do differ. Where do you find refuge? Is it in running? What are you running from? Your giant? Or are you running into the only arms long enough to rescue you?

We not only have a Savior who calms the storms of life, but in Christ we “have an anchor” that securely positions us permanently in a safe harbor (Heb. 6:19). 
What position do we find ourselves in? A position of praise? Not for what we struggle against but for who God is.

I want to live a life full of the presence of God. The life of Christ being birthed in and through me as I'm being made more and more in the likeness of Christ. That's the job of the Holy Spirit to bring Christ alive in the hearts of his believers. 

We have a promise in God's word!

The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven. (Deuteronomy 28:7 NIV)

Let us go to His Word and take hold of the promises Christ died to give us!

No comments:

Post a Comment